[FAR-West] Fran is correct

Gene Bach mccloud_fisherman at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 10:46:26 EST 2009

I can't hold my tongue any longer. Maybe it's a sign of the times, or
maybe I'm just old or something. I've been gigging a long time and it always seemed like a no-brainer to me. If you're going after a live gig, give them something LIVE to judge you by.

Excellent post. There is so much more to a performance than the music. Stage presence and audience interaction can be huge: especially in a very small setting. I would MUCH perfer to hear a #7 musical ability musician who is great with the audience than a #10 musical ability musician who is horrible with the audience. When I attend a concert I am looking for a show: I can buy CD's and get the #10 without the personallity.